Oh what a topic to write about…. Ohhhhhh, what a topic to write about!
So… I have just a few questions.
Have you ever second guessed doing something due to a fear or multiple fears?
What exactly are you afraid of doing and why are you afraid of doing it? Or what were you ever afraid of doing and why were you afraid of doing it?
Do you think or feel like it’s comfortable living in fear?
Let me just start this off by saying……..
I pray that by the end of this blog, the “You’re an overcomer” picture quote will not only just be something you read but something you deeply believe that you are! I pray it becomes you because YOU ARE AN OVERCOMER.
Honestly, I’ve grown to dislike that word because I feel like it takes away from us being able to fulfill our life’s purposes.
I also dislike this word and all the feelings it brings to me because I’ve lived with it for a very long time and sometimes still catch myself having to speak life into myself due to it. After I got cheated on in my past relationships, I feared getting involved with a relationship for a while so I guarded myself and my heart for a very long time. After I didn’t get accepted into that One college I applied to, I feared getting rejected by any other college so I settled for a tech school where I knew I wouldn’t have to go through a process of being accepted. When I got sent back home from the navy, I doubted that I would ever get another chance or opportunity to serve my country again. When I was 13 years old I almost drowned, so for quite a while I feared getting into water that was deeper than 4ft. My point on sharing those facts of myself was to show that I too have lived in fear and I’m not ashamed to admit it.
“Admitting that you have a fear is the first step.”
I feel like there are a lot of people walking around, limiting themselves due to hidden fears deep within.
Some Examples of Hidden fears may be….
Some ways fears are fed..
- low self-esteem
- Over thinking
- Unrealistic High expectations on self and others
- You’re probably wondering well how do you stop feeding your fears? Simple…. Stop limiting yourself due to in my case, bad past experiences or even others past experiences. Stop allowing fear to take over your life, stop giving it a place to sleep at night.
“Stop allowing your fears to be your comfort.” – Terran
- Instead of creating a place for your fears, why don’t you face them? Why don’t you look your fears in the face (Use your imagination) and say “YOU WILL NOT HAVE DOMINION OVER ME.” Stop allowing your fears to live your life for you and most importantly stop feeding them. Run away from insecurity and run towards confidence. Run away from overthinking and run towards peace. A sound mind is the best mind.
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)
- I’m actually fighting fear right now..
- I feared that I wouldn’t get any support while blogging and that there would be no purpose for my writing, BUT let’s just laugh real quick, please hahahahahahaahahahahahah.
- I could’ve easily fed that fear with insecurity, I could’ve talked myself out of writing, I could’ve done a lot but I had a choice…. AND I chose to do what my heart and spirit wanted not what Fear wanted.
- I’ve come to the understanding that my writing isn’t going to be for everyone and that everyone isn’t going to support me which is fine. But I write/blog because I find peace in it. There’s peace in knowing that someone, one day will read my blog and be blessed by it… Someone one day will read my blogs and be able to relate and not only will people be blessed but this is just my outlet.. There’s Peace here.
- So what’s your choice? Are you going to keep feeding your fears and making them feel comfortable ruling over YOUR life? OR Are you going to fight them and rise?
- I believe in you and I am rooting for you!!! You are an overcomer. You are enough!! You are worth. You are needed! You are loved and you are blessed! Go get your freedom! BE FEARLESS!
- Remember, You are fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalms 139:14.
- Be encouraged!
- Loveeeeeee T💛